Transforming (Rewrite) URL with Apache Rewrite Rules
How to tell Apache server to transform (rewrite) URL?
1. Follow our Setting Up .htaccess tutorial to define .htaccess files on your Windows system.
2. Open in "notepad" Apache server configuration file at C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\conf\httd.conf
3. Find the rewrite_module line and un-comment it:
LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
4. Add the following section to turn on rewrite logging. Very useful for debugging!
<IfModule rewrite_module> RewriteLog "C:/temp/rewrite.log" RewriteLogLevel 3 </IfModule>
5. Save httd.conf and restart Apache server.
6. Open C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\dot.htaccess. Add:
RewriteEngine on RewriteRule ^(.*)\.htm$ $1.html
6. Run a Web browser and enter http://localhost:8080/index.htm. You will see that the Apache server rewrites index.htm to index.html.
2006-12-09, 11888👍, 0💬
Which folder should I use to share picture files and music files with other Bluetooth devices on my ...
Can I remove startup application "ifrmewrk.exe - Intel Wireless Framework" to speedup my computer an...
Why HelpSvc.exe Is Causing Windows XP to Stop Responding - Using High CPU and Memory? Many users hav...
How to use sc.exe command to start and stop an existing service? If you want to start or stop a serv...
What is smss.exe process - Windows NT Session Manager? Process smss.exe is part of Windows system. I...