Transforming (Rewrite) URL with Apache Rewrite Rules
How to tell Apache server to transform (rewrite) URL?
1. Follow our Setting Up .htaccess tutorial to define .htaccess files on your Windows system.
2. Open in "notepad" Apache server configuration file at C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\conf\httd.conf
3. Find the rewrite_module line and un-comment it:
LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
4. Add the following section to turn on rewrite logging. Very useful for debugging!
<IfModule rewrite_module> RewriteLog "C:/temp/rewrite.log" RewriteLogLevel 3 </IfModule>
5. Save httd.conf and restart Apache server.
6. Open C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\dot.htaccess. Add:
RewriteEngine on RewriteRule ^(.*)\.htm$ $1.html
6. Run a Web browser and enter http://localhost:8080/index.htm. You will see that the Apache server rewrites index.htm to index.html.
2006-12-09, 12188👍, 0💬
Checking FTP Server Log File If you look the settings, you will find out that the log file is locate...
How to remove QLBCTRL.exe from startup program list? If you want to remove QLBCTRL.exe from the star...
How to remove msmsgs.exe from the startup application list to gain performance and reduce security r...
I get the message "cyberlink powercinema resident program has stopped working" on startup on my Dell...
Where to find tutorials on managing Windows 8 startup programs? Here is a collection of tutorials on...