Setting Up Apache Server to Use .htaccess File on Window Systems
How to use .htaccess file with Apache server on Window systems?
1. Assuming that your Apache server is installed at: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2
2. Open in "notepad" Apache server configuration file at C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\conf\httd.conf
3. Find the Directory section and set AllowOverride to "All" to allow .htaccess override configuration settings:
<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs"> ... AllowOverride All </Directory>
4. Add an new command to change access file name from .htaccess to dot.htaccess. This is important because Windows systems do not like .htaccess as a file name.
5. Save httd.conf file and restart the Apache server.
6. Create an access file and save it as: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\dot.htaccess with:
Redirect /_test_htaccess.html http://windows.fyicenter.com
7. Run Web browser with http://localhost:8080/_test_htaccess.html. Your browser will be redirected to our Web site.
2006-12-09, 10788👍, 0💬
How to review Internet Explorer (IE) add-on or Browser Helper Object (BHO) tools on Windows XP with ...
I have several computers. How can I share my Internet Explorer favorites between two computers? Favo...
Summary of suggested services settings for Windows XP Pro SP1 system - Part III Continue from Part I...
How to configure your system for Wireless Internet connection? Once your wireless router is connecte...
Can I disable Windows service "OracleServiceXE" to speedup my computer? Third party application serv...