Setting Up Apache Server to Use .htaccess File on Window Systems
How to use .htaccess file with Apache server on Window systems?
1. Assuming that your Apache server is installed at: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2
2. Open in "notepad" Apache server configuration file at C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\conf\httd.conf
3. Find the Directory section and set AllowOverride to "All" to allow .htaccess override configuration settings:
<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs"> ... AllowOverride All </Directory>
4. Add an new command to change access file name from .htaccess to dot.htaccess. This is important because Windows systems do not like .htaccess as a file name.
5. Save httd.conf file and restart the Apache server.
6. Create an access file and save it as: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\dot.htaccess with:
Redirect /_test_htaccess.html http://windows.fyicenter.com
7. Run Web browser with http://localhost:8080/_test_htaccess.html. Your browser will be redirected to our Web site.
2006-12-09, 10954👍, 0💬
How to remove DVDLauncher.exe from the startup application list to gain performance and reduce secur...
I have created a table in MS Access. How do I create a form to help enter data into the table? Assum...
What is "Bluetooth AV Remote Control Target"? "Bluetooth AV Remote Control Target" is a Bluetooth de...
How to configure Mozilla FireFox to use Notepad to edit Web page source code? By default, when you u...
Can I disable Windows service "Intel NCS NetService" to speedup my computer? Windows service "Intel ...