Setting Up Apache Server to Use .htaccess File on Window Systems
How to use .htaccess file with Apache server on Window systems?
1. Assuming that your Apache server is installed at: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2
2. Open in "notepad" Apache server configuration file at C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\conf\httd.conf
3. Find the Directory section and set AllowOverride to "All" to allow .htaccess override configuration settings:
<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs"> ... AllowOverride All </Directory>
4. Add an new command to change access file name from .htaccess to dot.htaccess. This is important because Windows systems do not like .htaccess as a file name.
5. Save httd.conf file and restart the Apache server.
6. Create an access file and save it as: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\dot.htaccess with:
Redirect /_test_htaccess.html http://windows.fyicenter.com
7. Run Web browser with http://localhost:8080/_test_htaccess.html. Your browser will be redirected to our Web site.
2006-12-09, 10715👍, 0💬
Why I am getting an error message dialog box when I try to save my presentation with some macros or ...
How to remove GoogleToolbarNotifier.ex efrom startup program list? If you want to remove GoogleToolb...
Can I disable Windows service "WLANKEEPER" to speedup my computer? Windows service "WLANKEEPER" - Pr...
I don't really want the American holidays to show up in the calendar app. Is there a way to disable ...
What is "Storage Service" in my Windows 7 service list? And how is "Storage Service" service related...