Getting Blank Pages When Running PHP MySQL Pages
Why am I getting a blank page when running PHP scripts to access MySQL database?
1. Run your PHP application in a Web browser with a URL like http://localhost:8080/fyicenter/index.php. You get no page errors, but nothing in the browser window.
2. If you click View > Source menu, you will get something like:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"></HEAD> <BODY></BODY></HTML>
3. You are probably going to ask what happens to the application and which code generated this blank page.
4. Open in "notepad" Apache access log file at: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\logs\access.log. The access record looks normal:
... "GET /fyicenter/index.php HTTP/1.1" 200 -
5. Open in "notepad" Apache error log file at: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\logs\error.log. You should see a line like this:
... [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in C:\Program Files \Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\fyicenter \index.php on line 40
6. This error tells us that there is a problem in running MySQL functions in the PHP engine. Read our Configuring PHP for MySQL tutorial for fix this issue.
2016-07-04, 119189👍, 0💬
What is "Office Software Protection Platform" in my Windows 7 service list? And how is "Office Softw...
Where does Mozilla FireFox 2 store download files? When you download files from Websites, Mozilla Fi...
Can I remove startup application "tfswctrl.exe - Sonic Drive Letter Access Component" to speedup my ...
How to tell Apache server to transform (rewrite) URL? Assuming that you have your Apache server runn...
How to remove WZQKPICK.exe from the startup application list to gain performance and reduce security...