What Is WinRAR?
What Is WinRAR?
WinRAR is a tool developed by Alexandar Roshal to handle RAR files and other compression formats. It supports the following features described in its help document:
* Complete support of RAR and ZIP archives
* Highly sophisticated, original compression algorithm
* Special algorithms optimized for text, audio, graphics, 32-bit and 64-bit Intel executables compression
* Shell interface including drag-and-drop facility and wizard
* Command line interface
* Non RAR archives (7Z, ACE, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, GZ, ISO, JAR, LZH, TAR, UUE, Z) management
* Solid archiving, which can raise compression ratio by 10% - 50% over more common methods, particularly when packing a large number of small, similar files
* Multivolume archives
* Creation of self-extracting archives (also multivolume) using the default or optional SFX modules
* Recovering physically damaged archives
* Recovery volumes allowing to reconstruct missing parts of multivolume archives
* Unicode support in file names
* Other service functions, such as encryption, archive comments, error logging, etc.
2008-09-03, 5090👍, 0💬
What is a DSL modem? A DSL modem is a device that is used to interface your computer and the DSL lin...
What is shdocvw.dll DLL file - Shell Doc Object and Control Library? DLL shdocvw.dll is the Microsof...
This tutorial shows you how to boost performance by stopping and disabling unnecessary services on W...
What is "Lenovo Hotkey Client Loader" in my Windows 7 service list? And how is "Lenovo Hotkey Client...
What is NetZero Toolbar - United Online NetZero dialup toolbar for Internet Explorer (IE) 7 browser?...