Deal with Tech Support Scams
How to Deal with Tech Support Scams?
Here are some suggestions on how to deal with Tech Support Scams:
1. Be more careful when browsing the Internet. Mouse over on any links to review associated Web addresses before clicking on them.
2. Use latest versions of browsers, which give you warnings when you click on any Web sites that have been identified as unsafe.
3. When you see security alerts displayed, don't panic. Don't click anything on the screen. Take a picture first with your camera, then press and hold down the power button shut down your computer.
4. Restart your computer and run Windows Defender with a "full scan". It should detect and remove any malicious threads.
5. Do not call the phone number given in the security alerts.
6. If you need help to remove any malicious threads, bring your computer to a local computer store.
2018-01-08, 419👍, 0💬
How to view services with the System Configuration tool "msconfig.exe" on Windows 7? System Configur...
What is DOS? DOS stands for Disk Operating System. There are two variations of DOS: PC DOS produced ...
How to use sc.exe command to create a new service? If you want to create a new service, you can use ...
What is HelpHost.exe - Microsoft Help Center Hosting Server? HelpHost.exe is the executable binary f...
Can I remove startup application "YahooMessenger.exe - Yahoo Instant Messenger" to speedup my comput...